Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas wrap-up: Christmas Day

On Christmas Day Michael and I had our own little family Christmas here at home. Michael made us a yummy French toast breakfast and we opened up gifts.


I got Michael a bunch of fun stocking stuffers as well as a set of Bose noise cancelling headphones and I also got him a really cute gift for Baby E, a hamburger onesie. If you know Michael, he loves his hamburgers so when I saw this onesie I knew I had to get it for his little boy!


Michael bought me a bunch of my favorite things including gift cards and some of my favorite candy. I also got a a very pretty blue box from Tiffany! My favorite part of the morning was watching Porkchop open his presents. He gets crazy! He can rip open a present quicker than any kid.




We relaxed the rest of the morning and Michael took a little nap. We headed to Arla and Teddy's at 12:30 to celebrate Christmas with my family. When we got there we had some appetizers for lunch and just hung out before we started opening gifts. 

Miss Lily looked on from her bouncy seat while Mom and Dad opened her many gifts!

We got Lily 4 books, a Leap Frog picnic basket, a Leap Frog laptop, and some clothes.




 This was a special gift from my Dad to Lily. He bought my sister the exact same doll for her first Christmas and he found the same one to give to Lily. Needless to say, Arla was pretty surprised!




After they opened all of Lily's gifts they opened up their gifts. Arla got a bunch of workout gear, gift cards, hair straightener and blow dryer. Teddy got a bunch of work and comfy clothes, slippers and some fun Star Wars Lego pens and ornament.





Michael and I were up next, we had lots of gifts to open for Baby E, it was like a mini baby shower. He is already spoiled and he's not even here yet! He received lots of clothes, some books, and toys. 






Baby E is all set for Christmas next year, he got a whole set of "my first Christmas" gear!


We loved this little puppy we got too, he plays some jamming tunes Michael was dancing too, HA!



After we finished all of Baby E's gifts it was time for Michael and I to open our gifts. We received a video camera, keyboard for our iPad, I got my diaper bag, Michael got some weather mats for his car and we got a bunch of gift cards.



One of my favorite gifts, my diaper bag! I'm officially a Mommy now! 





Finally it was Mom and Dad's turn to open up gifts. Mom got a Lladro from my Dad and she got an iPad from us and Arla and Teddy, a couple of Shutterfly calendars and some gift cards. Dad got some belts, a new bowling bag, a tree trimmer, an ornament and some gift cards.




My Dad surprised my Mom with a Lladro that represents Lily, their first grand daughter. She was very surprised and the tears were flowing. Dad earned lots of brownie points for that one!





Michael and I along with Arla and Teddy surprised her with an iPad. She was really surprised!






We hung out for a few hours and then it was time for dinner. My Mom and Dad worked on dinner. We had salad, broccoli, twice baked potatoes, filet mignon and crab legs. Everything was delicious! 


 Lily looked on from the kitchen island

 We kept the tradition of lobster bibs for eating our crab!




For dessert my Mom made baked Alaska, one of my favorites!

It was such a fun and special day. I can't wait until next year when our little man is here to join in on all of the festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment