Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Post Baby Dworianyn Bump Watch: 42 Weeks


One of the things I was most worried about with having a baby was the recovery and aftermath of delivery. I think overall I have been extremely lucky and I bounced back really quickly. I have been in very little pain post - surgery. I was up and moving 8 hours after having my c-section. I'm not sure if I had an easier time because I didn't gain any weight during my pregnancy or just because I was so motivated to get the heck out of the hospital! Even though I lost a good amount of weight during my pregnancy, 34 pounds, my belly certainly expanded as you can see from my first and last bump pictures seen above. 

I expected to still look pregnant after delivery but I have been pleasantly surprised how quickly my body has snapped back. Since getting home from the hospital the weight has continued dropping off and I am now down 57 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Even though I am thinner than when I got pregnant, there is still much work to be done. I wasn't allowed to workout during my pregnancy because of early complications, so I've definitely lost some muscle mass. Certain parts of my body have gotten a little more jiggly, especially my arms. My stomach is obviously pretty squishy too after only 2 weeks. I will be happy when I can get back to working out regularly. I've been walking daily but won't be able to do any serious cardio or weights until 6 weeks. 

So my goal is to firm and tone things up and I would really like to lose an additional 50 pounds. So here is my current body and a comparison of just pregnant, end of pregnancy and 2 weeks post pregnancy. I look forward to seeing my next progress picture after a few months!


No comments:

Post a Comment