Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ethan's First Birthday Party: Part One

Ethan's 1st birthday party turned out amazing. It was a 6 month labor of love for me and I enjoyed all of the planning and crafting leading up to his party and then to see everything come together and everyone's reaction, it was totally worth it. I have so many pictures from the day so I'm going to do a few posts to cover everything.

Today I'm going to cover the decor. Because I chose a Mickey theme, the possibilities were endless. I found so many great ideas for inspiration on Pinterest and Etsy. I chose to make many items but I purchased some items from Etsy as well.

A balloon guided pathway to our front door - I used golf tees to put the balloons in the ground, a handy tip I saw on Pinterest!

Front door sign

View when you walked in the door and up the stairs

Treat bags for the kids

I loved the "one" made of pictures

Birthday stats board I made and ears for the kids I also made

We've got ears say cheers!

Centerpieces I made and a print from Ethan's 12 month photo shoot

Dining Room 


Mantle with Ethan's first year slideshow playing

His twelve month themed photos strung across the mantle. I also made the Mickey Ethan letters.

His 12 month chair pictures

Giant Mickey balloon

I made the wreath which was paper Mickey confetti stuck to a wreath form with straight pins. Michael bought me colored tulips that fit with the theme and I printed out some side by side comparisons of his 12 month photo shoots.

Crepe paper garland. I loved this because it made such an impact and it was so easy to make!



Welcome to the sweets table! I made the tulle Mickey wreath and all the sweets except the cake. I bought the banner on etsy and the little wooden chalkboard signs were from Very Jane.


Chocolate covered marshmallow pops

S'mores pops

Mickey Rice Krispie treats

Mickey cake pops

His awesome cake from Deerfields bakery

His smash cake


My prince's high chair!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! You did a great job!!! Makes me wanna do another Mickey party...reminded me of Brayden and Bailey's...brought back excitement. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot coming from you because Brayden and Bailey's party was amazing! It's so much fun doing their parties, I'm already thinking of things for next year!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! You really outdid yourself and everything looks SO fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,how you did the number one with his photos on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello: I just the number out of cardboard and then glued the pictures to the cardboard keeping the number shape intact.

      Delete